Tuesday, March 30, 2010

26 Days until the Installation of XXX+WHY Printmaking Exhibition, Pinnacles Gallery, Townsville, Australia 1May-27 June 2010

Welcome,
With only 26 days until XXX+WHY printmaking exhibition I'm feeling good after a successful day printing on my friend Donna's beautiful Enjay printing press. I am very grateful to have access to such a beautifully engineered press. Thanks Donna.

I set out with the intention to print all plates in black individually then print all three plates in black on the one sheet. And if I had time to print a three colour etching but when I was preparing my paper I saw three of my printers proofs on the wall in my studio and thought that I would print a single colour plate etching over these prints to see how they would look.

My thinking was that the two plates together would work well and it would link the two bodies of work together. I'm so glad I tried it as they worked beautifully. Sometimes you just have to take risks with your ideas and go with it. I can always print in black at tomorrow.

I am now starting to work on a series of drypoints 800 x 600 mm focusing on the concept of the title XXX+WHY.
X marks the spot.

Warmly
Jo Lankester

P.S If you are interested in checking out the Enjay Printing Press click on the link below.
http://www.enjaypresses.com.au/home.html

Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing, it's when you've had everything to do and you've done it.
Margaret Thatcher

Colour Etching (Printmaking Handbooks)Colour Etching (Printmaking Handbooks)

No comments:

Post a Comment