Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 4: Jo Lankester Printmaking Residency @ Umbrella Studio Contemporary Arts

Hello, thank you for taking the time to read my blog on printmaking,

Day 4 of my artist in residency at Umbrella Studio was less physical and focussed on creating the large plates for the book.














After completing the small test plates and experimenting with different printmaking tools, I was able to select the right tools for the desired marks I want to create on the aluminium plates.















I chose to use a diamond tip etching tool and a reasonably flat lino tool to scrape the hard-ground of the plate to expose the aluminium ready for etching in Copper Sulphate.















Happy printing,

Warmly,
Jo Lankester

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I have just found your blog.. Just what I've been looking for.

    ReplyDelete